Shaq is one of the most influential athletes of all time, and his legacy extends beyond the basketball court. In addition to being one of the greatest dunkers in history, Shaq is also a business mogul. Below, we will take a look at some of Shaq’s businesses and what they entail. From investments in real estate to ownership of sports teams, this is an overview of some of the businesses that Shaq owns.
What Are The Shaq Companies?
Shaquille O’Neal is one of the most successful athletes in history, and he has plenty of businesses to show for it. The man known as “The Diesel” has an ownership stake in a number of companies, from basketball teams to food brands. Here’s a look at some of his biggest holdings.
Phoenix Suns: Shaq is the team’s owner and president, and he also serves as its head coach. He bought the franchise in 1996 for $18 million and has since led it to four Western Conference finals appearances (1999-2002, 2006-2007) and one NBA championship (2015).
In November 2017, Shaq announced he would be stepping down from his executive roles with the Suns but would remain involved with the team in other ways.
Kia Motors: In 2011, Shaq became an investor in Kia Motors America. He owns 15 percent of the company and serves on its board of directors. Kia Motors manufactures cars under several brands including Soul, Optima, Sorento and Forte.
Diesel: Shaq founded Diesel back in 1994 with help from his then-agent Rick Majerus. The clothing line was originally conceived as a way for Shaq to promote healthy living through fashion choices. Today, Diesel offers clothing for men, women and children as well as sneakers, hats and other accessories.
Basketball Teams: Aside from the Phoenix Suns, Shaquille O’Neal owns shares in
Who Owns the Shaq Companies?
According to Shaq’s website, he owns a majority stake in three businesses:usion.com (which he founded), Heat Sports Group, and Platinum Equity Holdings.
Shaq also has minority stakes in several other businesses, including the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team anddropped brands.
What Does Shaq Own?
In early February of this year, Shaquille O’Neal announced that he had sold his stake in the Lakers to Jeanie Buss. This move came as a bit of a surprise, as Shaq had been an integral part of the team’s history. However, Shaq has been involved in numerous other businesses over the years.
Here is a list of some of the companies that Shaq owns:
1) Blue Ribbon Sports – This company is responsible for organizing and promoting professional basketball events.
2) Heir Holdings – These are investments in various businesses, including restaurants and real estate.
3) SHAQ Attitude – This is an apparel line that was launched in 2006 and is marketed towards young adults.
4) The Screen Actors Guild – Shaq is a board member for this organization and has helped raise money for various causes.
5) Landmark Education – This company provides educational opportunities for children living in poverty or who have disabilities.
Shaq’s Net Worth
Shaquille O’Neal has an estimated net worth of $275 million. Shaq has made a lot of money through his basketball career, endorsements, and property holdings. Here is a list of the companies Shaq owns:
1. The Lakers
2. Miami Heat
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Orlando Magic
5. Real Madrid Baloncesto (aka Real Madrid FC)
6. PepsiCo Inc.
7. ANZ Banking Group PLC
8. Intersport Worldwide AG
9. ArcLight Entertainment Group
10. Amway Corporation
Shaquille O’Neal’s Career
Shaquille O’Neal’s professional basketball career spanned more than two decades, with stops in the NBA and ABA. He retired as the most decorated player in league history with 17 MVP awards, three consecutive championships with the Los Angeles Lakers, and a record 36,000 points scored. Shaq also has an ownership stake in several companies, including sports apparel brands Li-Ning and Fila. Here’s a look at each company and what it produces:
1) Li-Ning: Shaq launched his own line of sportswear called Li-Ning in 2000. The products are available in both men’s and women’s styles and include basketball shoes, shirts, shorts, caps, sweatpants and jackets. The brand is based out of China but has distribution across North America.
2) Fila: Shaq partnered with Italian sportswear company Fila to create the “Fila Shaq” line of sneakers. The shoe was released in 2003 and features a black suede leather upper with silver detailing around the ankle area. It was voted “Best New Shoe” by ESPN Magazine that year. The collection is available online and at select retailers worldwide.
3) Landmark Properties: In addition to his investments in companies such as Fila and Li-Ning, Shaq also owns a stake in real estate development firm Landmark Properties LLC., which he co-founded in 2002. Landmark specializes in large-scale mixed
What Companies Does Shaq Own?
Shaq owns several companies, including Lipton Ice Tea. Shaq invested $20 million in the company in 2006. In addition to Lipton, Shaq owns a stake in United Biscuits and PepsiCo. As of 2018, Shaq had an estimated net worth of $900 million.
Shaq has been a part of some big name companies over the years. Here is a list of all the companies that Shaq has either been an owner or partner in: Amway, Columbia Pictures, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, ICE HOLDINGS CORP., National Basketball Association (NBA), Oak View Entertainment, and SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.